Thursday, December 10, 2009

Outlook 2003 does not synchronize with Exchange 2003?

I use my laptop off-line. I upgraded my Exchange 5.5 (Windows NT) to Exchange 2003. I moved my mailbox to the new Exchange server. When I Send/Receive, new email goes into my exchange server inbox, but I can't use it offline. If I get internet email from offline, it goes into the inbox, but when I connect to the server (later), that message disappers.



I upgraded Outlook 2003 to SP2.



I even tried deleting my old .osp file and it did create a new one. But that does not sync either.



When I look at my folder properties, it shows that it NEVER synched. When I go into Send/Received Groups and set these folders to SYNCHRONIZE, I then get an error message after send/recieve that says "Exchange server reported error (0x80070005): You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation. - I do not see an appropriate setting on Exchange Server 2003 to allow or fix this.



THANKS



Outlook 2003 does not synchronize with Exchange 2003?amc theatre



You probably need to recreate the connection to the Exchange server in Outlook. If you just changed the server name in the mail account setup dialogue box that can happen.



Just delete the mail account, reboot and add it back in. Make sure you accept the default option for cached Exchange mode.



Outlook 2003 does not synchronize with Exchange 2003?symphony opera theaterFirst born not necessary. Just hoist a pint in my honour at some point and we'll be four-square. TFTP! Report It


I'll ask danuitti to send you a copy of his book. He owes me one anyway. http://www.keepyourcomputerali... Report It


bostonianinmo's suggestions look pretty good. I did a bit of hunting around the "Bill Gates Knowledge Base" but do not see any suggestions that you have not tried. Something tells me that the Outlook 2003 SP2 didn't help the situation at all. If your office has some down time, try installing any of the Windows Server 2003 updates, like the SP1. But again, that might be "clutching at straws".



But really give bostonianinmo's tip a try. As he said, DELETE the email Account, then reboot. Don't skip the Reboot step. When you ADD the account again through the Control Panel's Mail section. You should see it synchronize as soon as you open Outlook.



Let me ask, did you see an Option to Connect or Work Offline when you first opened Outlook? If you did, then this points more toward bostonianinmo's suggestion. (Give him Five Stars if this works)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd