Saturday, December 5, 2009

How many of you have genital herpes?

I have recently been told by my boyfriend that he is now in `outbreak' and has genital herpes. We have unfortunately for me had unprotected sex and I have performed oral sex on him. I am very scared right now. I have an appointment tomorrow to see my gyn ...but I was told by someone else that it is basically a waiting game and there is nothing I can really do until that first lesion shows up. Although I am furious with my boyfriend for his secrecy on this important matter, I am in love with him. I was told that even if I follow through with safe sex practices (and I don't have it now) I will most likely get it in the future....help from someone that knows?



How many of you have genital herpes?extension



Well first, that was totally not cool of your boyfriend to not tell you that. Even if he isn't currently having an outbreak it is still possible for him to spread it to you! (That's how I got it!). In fact, accorrding to Valtrex, 70% of people with genital herpes got it from their partner when they were showing no signs or symptoms of the virus.



It's good that you are going and getting tested for it. But, there is really nothing you can do now except wait for the results and see if you develop your first outbreak. And, if you don't have it and still plan on being with him for a while, it's always a possibility you can get it in the future. Most couples that are together for years and years or end up getting married end up passing genital herpes to their partner, especially when they are trying to have a baby, because obviously you need to not wear a condom to conceive. There are those rare cases where a couple has been together 10+ years, one person has genital herpes and the other doesn't. This is pretty rare though.



I personally got genital herpes over 5 years ago from a guy I had slept with ONE time (he also didn't tell me he had the virus). I also passed it along to my boyfriend at the time (now fiance) about 2 months into our relationship. I haven't had an outbreak in almost 2 years and I still passed it to him!



Accordding to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) 1 in 4 women have genital herpes and 1 in 5 men have it. It's really not as uncommon as most people think.



Sorry about your situation. Best wishes to you!



How many of you have genital herpes?movie theater opera theater



I work in the health care field and you can get a blood test that will tell you if you have herpes. It can tell you if you have one or the other, or both types.



I don't have them, but know that even if he isn't having an outbreak, you could still get them. He should have been honest with you from the start because it is up to you to find out about it and then decide if you want to pursue a relationship with him. I wish you the best and will pray for you and your situation.
I do not..do not wait...get tested! this can lead to infertilization and other things....Please go get tested!
www.mpwh.com



www.antopia.com
thats really ******* up on his part. but i am not not one to be hypocritcal on the fact tht ur still all in love with him. you most likely have caught the virus. its a lifetime mistake you will have to deal with. and just pray you dont get outbreaks too often!
you may as well stay with him if you both have it now.... it's really not that bad. everyone gets it by the time they are 80 years old. but he should have used a condom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd