Thursday, December 10, 2009

My music teacher is worrying me, what to do?

I pay $40 aus for a half hour session. She is the only one in my area and all the other teachers are full. I get there and we always start 15 minutes late. I sing 2 songs and then she tries to usher me out as quick as possible. She answers the phone in the middle of me singing and cuts my lession short sometimes.



On the otherhand she is showing me some interesting things to which I notice improvement on.



I want a teacher who cares about how I perform and really wants to help me make a career out of it. I'm running short on time as I have started later in life and I don't think she is really in touch with the real world in terms of getting out there and going to uni. I need an hour at least!, but she said it would cost $80. Thats alot per week.



How do I address my concerns to her?. Should I try to find another teacher?. Should I just wait and see if it improves. Are all private teachers so quick to usher you out there door without explaining things that I don't understand.



My music teacher is worrying me, what to do?imax theatre



She is unethical.



I am an American (US). Here we have The Better Business Bureau. If there is something like that there, there is the possibility of giving her a bad notice.



You are being treated shabbily and unethicly.



She is charging you for her time, and you are not receiving full measure.



She may be the teacher, but you are her employer. She has obligations. Tell her that you expect her to act professionally.



The lessons will start on time. No phone calls will be taken. You wish to continue with her, but if she wishes full payment, she will meet commitments.



If neccessary, time her, and pay on a prorated basis. If she instructs you for 20 minutes, 2/3 pay, etc.



Make it clear.



If you end up leaving, report her conduct to



(it would be the State Attorney General here).



the authorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd