Saturday, December 5, 2009

I need help with my math[part 2].....?

[9]. For safety reasons, the base of a 24-foot ladder should be at least 8 feet from the wall. How high can a 24-foot ladder safely reach?



8(squared)+B(squared)=24(squared)



[10]. At 13 years old, Dominique Moceanu was the youngest gymnast ever to win the US Senior National Championship. Using the diagonal of the floor mat for her run, flip, and finish, gives her more distance. The routine is performed on a 40-foot by 40-foot mat. How much more room does she get by using the diagonal rather than by using a side?



[11].The flags of Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands are shown below(in my book). How much longer is the diagonal of the Solomon Islands flag than the diagonal of the Papua New Guinea flag?



{Papua New Guinea-4.5 by 6 feet}



{Solomon Islands-10 by 5 ft}



[12].The acceleration ramp for a skateboard competition is 20 meters long, and it extends 15 meters from the base of the starting point. How high is the ramp?



Okay there is one more problem on a separate page..



I need help with my math[part 2].....?opera mini



9] 22.6 ft



10] 16 ft



11] 3.68 ft



12] 13.2 ft



I need help with my math[part 2].....?passions soap opera opera theater



9. 8 feet



10. 12 extra feet



11. 42 feet larger



12. 5 meters

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd