Thursday, December 10, 2009

Help, my cat is bleeding after hysterectomy?? plz help!?

Hey everyone I got an important question... my cat just had kittens yesterday morning on into the evening. she had 7 kittens. one of the babies came of sideways, and it caused her to hemerage. Well this morning is when she started to hemerage so I took her straight to the vets {which is right beside my house luckily} In order to keep her living she had to have a total hysterectomy. So I said of course cuz I love my cat. Well it took them about 2 hours to perform the surgery and I picked her up. I brought her home and she seemed fine.. the vet told me to let the kittens feed and of course I did or they would've starved! Well anyways my mom is over and she was showing our cousin my cat. Well I guess she noticed she was bleeding so she took something and wiped off her wound. Well she stood her up and blood started dripping out of her wound.. I about freaked.. so my mom wiped it up again and it started bleeding more! omg I am scared.. She is laying in her pen right now, and she doesn't..



Help, my cat is bleeding after hysterectomy?? plz help!?classical music



Call your vet office and see if there's an emergency # on their answering machine. If not, get out the yellow pages and go through all the vets and find one that's on call 24 hours a day. I think your may lose your cat if you don't find someone tonight. Good luck deary. I'll be praying for you cat!



Help, my cat is bleeding after hysterectomy?? plz help!?ms stress opera theater



Call the vets they usually have a 24 hour emergency number!
call the vet now
go to the vet
It really depends on how much blood. Since her uterus and ovaries were engorged with blood during the surgery it is probably just normal bleeding. I would monitor her overnight, check her gums and see if they are becoming pale. If she starts having a hard time overnight I would contact and emergency vet .
call the vets office they may have an emergency number that you can contact someone.
some bleeding and discharge is common after surgery, however, if this is more than just a few drops and after wiping you can count how many drops and you keep wiping and it keeps bleeding you need to take her to an emergency after hour vet. hope this helps. i would bottle feed kittens just to start them out cuz you will need to do this eventually anyways, to help out mom.
If you are unable to get the cat to an emergency vet tonight, you may be able to stop the bleeding yourself. Put a clean cloth over the bleeding area and apply constant pressure to it until the blood clots. It might take 5 minutes or more, so don't let up on the pressure until the blood stops flowing. Make sure the cat keeps warm (put a hot water bottle in with her if you have to) so she doesn't go into shock from blood loss.



Cats usually won't stay in a bandage so trying to put one on her (especially considering WHERE she's bleeding) wouldn't work. If you can get the bleeding to stop, it should be ok to let her kittens in with her, but plan on getting up every two hours during the night to make sure the bleeding doesn't start again. (Set an alarm clock if you have to to wake you up every two hours.)



Then, even if the bleeding has stopped, take the cat to the vet in the morning as soon as you can.



This is going to be a long night for you, but you can handle it. Best of luck to you and your kitty.
Most areas have a 24 hr emergency vet service, you can try that or call your vet and see if there is a recording directing you to the on call vet. Good luck.
You need to get ahold of an emergency vet hospital or call a vet and tell them what is going on, most vet clinics have answering services just as doctors do. I can't believe your vet sent the cat home after that, that seems a little soon.
call the vet ASAP
Call the vets office. The answering service should give you his pager number or page him / her for you. Advise him of the problem and he will tell you what to do.



She should not be bleeding. If you cannot get hold of him contact the emergency vet in your area.
First of all look for an emergency number. If you can not find one then you will have to keep an eye on her all night until you can take her first thing in the morning. If you can't find anyone tonight, and you see any additional bleeding, then keep a compress on it to keep it from bleeding. There should be one vet with an emergency number though, even if it's not your own, cause if she is bleeding externally at all, it could mean serious internal bleeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd