Thursday, December 10, 2009

Do you feel totally controlled at your workplace?

Studies have shown that job satisfaction increases with the degree



to which workers enjoy autonomy and choice with respect to which



tasks they do, and the manner in which they perform them.



In other words, if your boss is a bi t c h or controlling jerk, and you



have zero input per what you do, when you do it, and how you do



it, you're probably a redneck(just kidding, you have to be silly



on Wednesday). I mean, your probably pretty miserable then,



and even hate going to work in the morning.



It actually literally hurts inside, as I can attest from my share of



totally controlling jobs.



Temp jobs are good for totally controlling.



Retailing and secretary/receptionist jobs are 100% monitored,



like cattle at an agribusiness farm.



They do everything at those jobs but stick anal probes up your



a s s to keep track of your temperature.



Some of you have great jobs, but I'm sure some of you have awful



ones. I want to hear just from the awful ones, how bad your job is.



Tell us.



Do you feel totally controlled at your workplace?headache



No - I'm in upper level management in a large government agency. You are correct - employees feel happier when they have "control" over their work. They are more loyal to a boss who trusts them and who will let them behave as professionals. People generally know how to perform well and will be very productive with little supervision. The stress from micromanagement is what usually causes employees to freak out, get nervous, get depressed, and get sick.



My management philosophy is to set the agenda for our department and provide our team with the resources they need - whether that's more training, more supplies, more salaries, or simply a shoulder to cry on. I take care of budget, timelines, and work flow matters so that the workers can be free from those headaches to actually "do their jobs." I've had many micromanaging bosses and I've always hated their guts. I've tried to practice a more trusting and sincere form of administration.



My own boss pretty much leaves me alone - she knows my philosophy and we work as a team more than as co-supervisors.



My message to managers is to lighten up and trust your employees.



Do you feel totally controlled at your workplace?paramount theater opera theater



yes, extremely
You're Damned Skippy I do.
I left the workplace behind me 25 years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd